Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Surprise...

As I shared with you after that last experience my guru called me up. She asked me to sit down and listen to her calmly. I knew she was extremely happy. I could hear that in her voice. This was the reason I wasn't alarmed. She said I had done her proud and reached some where only a handful of her students had. I could barely control my excitement. She said what I experienced the other night is called 'Enlightenment'. Hello ! It is me we are talking about ! Hope you didn't dial wrong number ! She told me THIS was the FIRST step towards real meditation. Till now I thought THIS was the destination. She laughed, that beautiful tinkling laughter I love. She said,this is the admission to school in kindergarten , not the graduation. This is always the beginning, never the end. I think this is a misconception lot of others share with me.What an honour. I am in hands of God. What joy, what bliss. Believe me this is THE most difficult experience I have ever had the guts to share. It happened two weeks ago. I sat down to write about this but my hands were shaking. Me ! Cannot be I. I wrote and posted it. Then deleted it next instant. What would every one say ? I could hear disbelief, laughter, smirking. I hope my rambling is making some sense. I am still too amazed to talk about it in a sane manner. I need your support and comments more than ever my friends.....

10 comments:

b12dreamer said...

Hey, you must be doing great! Especially if your guru says you are. Maybe someday the student will surpass the teacher?

Don't worry about what everyone says. There's nothing bad to say anyway. You should be proud of your feat. Again, congrats :)

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Thanks so much dreamer.Thanks for sharing my excitement and happiness and wonder. You are ever so kind. Student will take a few lifetimes to surpass the guru. I am not saying this just because she is my guru and my mother but because I know how far ahead she is. What I have experienced now happened with her more than 30 years ago. She has been learning since then...everyday. She started teaching just 3-4 years back.

Bon Ami said...

How exciting for you to be doing so well in your meditation! I agree with B12Dreamer, I wouldn't worry about anyone else thinks. Big Smiles:)
Bon Ami

Thoughtscape said...

If this is your admission to school in kindergarten then mine is ...the first hour of life... You are such a beautiful, charismatic and altruistic person I am by far not as perfect as you or your mother are…promise me you will never be upset on me. The fact that I read your experiences, I write you and you always answer me back …in this infinite Space and Time continuum…it is a Miracle…and I love Miracles.

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Dear bon ami...thanks so much .I am no longer worried. The acceptance I get here takes my breath away. Thank you.

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

I am FAR FAR from perfect dear Octavian. I don't want to be perfect either....lol..thats boring. I will always write back...never worry about that. Infact If I find any of my friends missing I am gonna file a MIA report. :-)

Starfire said...

Heya Anuradha

*soft smile* - I can understand why that would be so exciting for you - I'm fairly sure I'd react in the same way in the same situation.

Your guru's words remind me of the way one of my martial arts teachers described the moment of earning their black belt. To many non-martial artists, it's assumed that earning a black belt means you're a master... that you've learned what you're supposed to learn, and that now you know it all.

*soft laugh* - as you can guess, that's not how my teacher was taught to see it. In his tradition (and I believe many others), earning a black belt simply means you're now ready to begin truly learning.

Warm blessings



Starfire

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Dear Starfire,
You are right. I have raed about this tradition too. if this is just the first step then I am all the more excited and looking forward to whats gonna happen NOW...

Lisa said...

Fantastic. You look beautiful. You actually are perfect. Now what's gonna happen is you will simply extend that beauty and love to everyone you see. That's the adventure and journey. You have become what you always were: Pure Love, which is what God is. You are what God is. Welcome Home.

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Thanks so much LISA for such beautiful thought so aptly put in words.