Monday, January 14, 2008

Scarab Beetle...

Since I am not supposed to meditate now-a-days I utilised this time to dig up older experiences which could not be explained by my guru as she hadn't experienced them. Thanks to the inter net I could come up with some kind of explanations for them. You may wonder how come my guru didn't experience these when she is way way way ahead of any of us( her students). There is a very simple explanation for this. If many people drive down from Delhi to Bombay, they will have certain common experiences of what they noticed on the way. At the same time some experiences will be different as no one can notice every little detail there is to see even if that trip has been made 'n' number of times. During the time I had the experience involving The Pyramid I also saw a beetle, rolling a ball kind of thing along a pathway. As the beetle kept moving ahead the ball in its claws started turning golden. My receptors were faulty I guess, unlike the Pyramid phase I couldn't hear my guide explain this phenomena. I was quiet taken aback. How could an insect be anything close to a religious or mystical experience ! Then I thought, in Hindu mythology many animals are worshiped, may be beetle is one of them. On questioning people no one could come up with beetle being symbolic of anything mystical. I let it be but did note down the time, date and the experience in my notepad. A few weeks later my husband went to Egypt on a seminar and got a little trinket for me. It was supposed to ward of evil and darkness, something like that, an amulet of sorts. I was really amazed. He isn't this kind of person at all. He smiled and said he bought it because it was very pretty and made of turquoise, my favorite stone. I opened the box to see a tiny beetle, just the kind I saw, nestled among folds of silver silk. I just kept staring at it ! Then he got the biggest hug of his life and I hit the net to find more about this creature. According to ancient texts, the Egyptians believe that the scarab beetle came into being spontaneously from balls of dung and they associated this with their religious ideology of self-creation and resurrection. Thus, the scarab beetle was worshipped under the name Khepri (meaning 'he who has come into being' or 'he who came forth from the earth'). The beetle was typically depicted pushing the sun across the sky every day, as well as rolling it safely through the Egyptian underworld every night. No wonder the ball turned golden...sun...hmmm.The image of a scarab beetle became a common design of amulet, and one of these amulets found its way around my neck.

3 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

Some say the Egyptian scarab is based on the dung beetle. They roll balls of dung, as you describe in your meditation. In your case, the ball/dung turns to gold, clearly indicating purification, refinement & improvement.

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Thanks lana,
You have given such a wonderful explanation to what I saw. Thanks again.

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

I often watch nature for clues to my journey in life. For instance, I am writing a children's book about a dragon and snapped a winter photo recently of a snow covered balsam that looks likes a dragon. That was God giving me encouragement to continue with my dream of becoming published.

Hugs, JJ