Monday, December 17, 2007

The explanation...

I told my guru in detail about what I saw. She lets you describe the experience completely before she offers her opinion. She asked me a few questions about what specific colour did I see, where exactly were these Chakras placed. Then she laughed ! The last book your father wrote was on Kundalini and Meditation ! "How could you not know what you saw ?" She obviously knew I have never read that book. I felt she was teasing me. She told me I saw Kundalini Goddess. I asked her to explain in detail. Here is what I understood. The Chakras are psychic centers within the innermost core of cerebrospinal system. Every one of these Chakras corresponds to an area of body. They are not situated in the gross body but in the subtle body. According to Wikipedia,"Kundalini, according to various teachings is a type of "corporeal energy".Kundalini in Sanskrit literally means either "coiled up" or "coiling like a snake." There are a number of English renderings of the term, such as 'serpent power'.Kundalini is envisioned as a serpent coiled at the base of the spine.

According to Hindu tradition Kundalini rises from the root Chakra up through the spinal channel, and it is believed to activate each Chakra it goes through.This accent of Kundalini through the Chakras can be described an upward journey through self which refines and channelizes our spiritual energy till it rises to the last chakra on the top and then enlightenment happens. Each Chakra has a unique geometrical shape and colour. These shapes and colours represent various energy sources. I found a diagram on the net which shows the various Chakras in detail along with their names. I am posting that along with this post.

2 comments:

Bon Ami said...

For years I have found Kundalini to be fascinating, but haven't practiced because I have a sense of fear about it. I wonder is it necessary for a complete beginner to have a teacher for this, or is it ok to work at it alone?

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Dear Bon Ami,
I think it would be wise to read more about Kundalini. I would recommend my fathers book..(blush)..although I haven't read it. I did read his other books which are not on meditation. Its called 'Kundalini and Meditation" and is available on Amazon.It is wiser to get your self a teacher who knows what he or she is talking about(difficult) and learn under his guidance.