Monday, December 31, 2007

Astral Body...

During deep meditation I have had had out of body experiences. My understanding of the concept was, my soul leaves my body. When I sat down to contemplate realized my soul leaving my body would mean only one thing, I must be dead. On questioning this phenomena I understood the concept of astral body. When our astral body goes celestial sightseeing its still connected to us. Some people have described it as a white thread and others as a silver umbilical cord. Now I remembered my first out of body experience, I was suddenly so near the fan I could see all the details and nut-bolts. I turned around to see the valances of the curtains dangling beneath me. Sadly I didn't have enough sense to look back at myself. I might have seen this cord. I guess I was completely flabbergasted at that point and too busy trying to make sense out of what I was witnessing. This happened about two years ago. Today when I sat down to write about it I remembered reading Richard Bach's hero experiencing his first astral travel in 'A Bridge Across Forever'.I have dug up the book and quoted it here for you. I read this book when I was 14 and promptly rejected all this as stuff and nonsense. I, Reading Richard Bach,was just to impress people ...lol..to project that I was intellectually inclined. His hero says,“The books had been right. Think about moving, and I moved, sliding on the air like a sled on ice. I didn’t exactly have a body, but neither was I without one. I had a sense of a body -- hazy, foggy, a ghost’s body. After all our determined practice, how could this be so easy? Extreme consciousness. Compared to this humming, knowing, razor-life, daily consciousness is sleepwalking.
“I turned in the air and looked back. The faintest thread of glowing light led from me to my sleeping form. That’s the cord we read about, the silver cord, that links a living ghost to its body. Sever that cord, they say, and off you go.
“Near-death experiences, they’re the same as out-of-body experiences. Dying is nothing more than an out-of-body, from which we don’t return? And out-of bodies, they can be learned!”


This topic of Astral body came up because of another experience I had recently.I will describe it in the next post after I assimilate it completely.




Please share your experiences and understanding of this phenomena here. Do you believe in Astral body's existence?

12 comments:

Bon Ami said...

Hi, thank you so much for your encouragement. I will surely keep trying:)I'm really enjoying your blog, by the way.
Bon Ami

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Thanks so much my friend. You are most welcome.

Liudmila said...

I had an other experience. My experiences I have in fast "normal" state, that is wy maybe they are more bound to the earth.

I lay in the bed and wanted to relax in one very hot summer day. I'm not asleep, only relaxed. In this moment I see a "white cloud" over me. This cloud can't go even if it wanted because it has a sort of dog's lead. This lead is of dark colour. It's attached to "me" as physical body.

Now I try to submit. You have these terrible "control word" that I never can type.

e said...

I wonder if anyone remembers Lopsang Rampa here? That is the first time I heard of something like this.

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Dear Luudmila
I am sorry for the control words but I have no choice. They are there because blogger wants it that way.Thanks for sharing your experience.

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Dear e
Hadn't heard of Lopsang Rampa but now that you mentioned I read a little bit about him. He talks of training to project yourself. In the kind of meditation I do it happens when you have enough cosmic energy to travel. It isn't like you decide now I will try it.It happens. Your car should have enough fuel and it will keep going.Its that simple.

Azmiel said...

I expert of inner energy excercise, human body has powerfull energy, every cell has bio electrical energy. Can you imagime how all potential energy weak up? you can supply eclectrical power for one city

Best Regards

Azmi
Blogger from South Borneo Indonesia
Talking about
Money maker, affiliate, motivation, inspiration, Get paid to, Adbrite lovers

e said...

Honestly I did not know there were 'kinds of meditation' - probably an offshoot of having started very young and not understood the subject (if indeed it is that!) in it's entirety. I am fairly intrigued by 'your style of meditation' and I completely agree it is indeed very simple...like they conclude the key to unlocking the mysteries of the universe is too.

b12dreamer said...

I'm not sure what to believe! I believe in astral projection, but i'm skeptical about the soul leaving the body. In my opinion, astral projection is really a phasing of your mind into another state of consciousness, a state not unlike lucid dreaming. I have yet to experience a true astral projection, so until then, i'm skeptical.

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

GOOD you should be. My parents have been practicing meditation since decades but it was kept away from us lest we get influenced and embrace it without really understanding it. I did not believe anything with all my heart till I experienced it myself. So not believing is good. I have never meditated with any focus on astral projection. This hasn't been on my mind at all till I actually experienced it.

Michael.H said...

Thank you for sharing this. I have had several "close calls" in the astral realm but have never actually made it.

Once I went deep into meditation and percieved myself beginning to float. At that moment the phone rang and it jolted me so bad I had chest pains, I learned my lesson and soon I'll give it another shot, I really do believe this can happen to any one with practice.

Namaste,

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Dear Michael....you are right it will happen to any one who wants it bad enough. We weren't born knowing how to drive! Being jolted out of dep meditation often gives me bad headaches. I normally put my phone off the hook now.:-)....thanks for the appreciation.