Friday, October 26, 2007

My Belief.

I was questioned just now if I was hallucinating when I saw Ka'ba. To be honest I had my doubts as well the first time I encountered something like this. I have done my BA with honours in psychology, abnormal psychology being my major subject. I studied law after that and thus have a questioning mind. My mind told me I was not fantasizing all this. I realized this was something different from my conscious state. I don't have a cognitive or thinking disorder. I am not schizophrenic. I have never had auditory or visual hallucinations nor was I ever delusional. I haven't read too much on this subject in order to stay away from self induced illusions. I do not do drugs nor take any hallucinogenic medicines. I don't see these things because I want to or because I expect to. I started off as an atheist. I never go to temples much and being a Hindu how come I saw Ka'ba and not one of the million Hindu deities we have ! If it was my mind playing tricks on me then I should have been in presence of some one expected. Yet it was happening to me. I cannot explain it. I cannot deny it either. All I can say is that it is extremely fascinating. I have embarked on the journey of a lifetime and I intend to enjoy it to hilt.

No comments: