Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The colours...

The first few times, actually much more than few, I just sat with my eyes closed trying not to think about anything but in vain. It has always been difficult for me to sit still for more than a few minutes and here I was trying to make my mind sit still. Suddenly one day when I least expected it I saw something. It was a pulsating band of colours, right in front of my forehead. I was completely flabbergasted. I wanted to run to my mum and ask her for an explanation. The lawyer in me kicked right in and I asked her instead what would be the first sign I would see. I had asked my mother not to describe anything I was likely to encounter. I didn't want my mind to play tricks on me. I didn't want to experience something because of self induced hallucination. I was completely taken aback when my experience matched with her description to the tee.


I called up two more people to ask what their first experience was like. I realized that there were too many similarities in their description for it to be a mere coincidence. How could four different people see the same thing. It had to be there for sure. There was no other explanation to it. My guru told me I had had an out of body experience. These kind of colours are experienced when your soul leaves your body for a divine journey. If my soul wasn't there how was I alive. I had a hundred questions milling about in my mind. Where and how will I find the answers.

3 comments:

Rick Hurst said...

I first saw those colors when I was a 5 year old put under with sleeping gas in a dentist chair. I remember to this day that I was seaparated from my body and my consciousness was the "watcher" surrounded completely by an inner world of vivid, pulsating, moving colors. I didn't know what they were but found it comforting and warm. In later years I have to see that God "speaks" to us in a wordless way. I believe that the seeing of colors, or of light particals within, is evidence of God in us and is how He transmits new understanding and teachings to our soul. That it is the "means" by which His nature is caused to grow up in us. My meditattion always involves overlaying the "light paterns" over distracting thoughts to keep me in the present and out of the thinking.

Great Galactic Ghoul said...

Hey right on -- I saw beautiful violet colors while I sat in full-lotus last night. It was intensified by my housemate opening his door to head to the can. When he switched on the washroom light the color in my brain went white-yellow. I thought wow -- because the light he switched on was in another room and there was no way my brain could perceive it (in a dark room adjacent) -- unless, of course, the spirit travel you speak of is true.

I have a whole blogbook about this stuff -- http://mothershiplanding.blogspot.com

Thanks.

rowingthroughlife said...

This is a beautiful and magical blog! I saw these colors today in my meditation and had no idea what was happening, I'm still trying to make sense of it, and after reading this I feel relieved to know others have experienced this as well! Thank you for sharing!!! :)