Friday, October 26, 2007

Aananda or Bliss.


A friend asked me how does it feel when I meditate. I was perplexed, how to explain it to her. The only way I can put it is, imagine if most people in the world had only four senses instead of five. Then if few of us said that we can smell fragrance of a flower where as rest can only see it and touch it. People would have ridiculed us. It would have been an unbelievable concept. It would become very difficult to explain what fragrance is. How come we can smell it ! There is no way one can put the concept of smell in words. You can only experience it. It is very real even though it might sound like mystical or magical. similarly, I feel there is nothing magical or mystical or beyond comprehension about meditation. When we put on our receivers we become open to the Cosmic Energy. This energy awakens those neural connections in our brain which have been unused so far. We start utilizing those ares of our brain which we didn't have access to earlier. Our five senses begin to expand to six, seven, eight, and so on. All of us have either heard about or experienced what we call the sixth sense. There is lots more there inside us. It only needs to be awakened. In some people it can happen very fast and suddenly, like me, others have to work harder at it. all we need to do is look with in. Its all there. Its pure Ananda.

6 comments:

irving said...

How true your words are :) These extra senses are part of our connection with each other as well, part of what is called our intuition, and all of what makes us both mortal physically and immortal spiritually.

I am adding your blog to my blogroll :)

Ya Haqq!

Louis said...

You did a great job of explaining something very difficult to put into words. In these inner experiences finding the words so they can be shared with others can be really challenging.

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Thanks Irving,
Its really heartning to find people who appreciate your efforts.

Anuradha malik Jagdhari said...

Thank you Louis my friend, I always wait for a comment from your side.:-)

Keith Johnson, M.S. Education said...

Hello Anuradha: Thanks for visiting my OM Meditation blog. You have done a nice job yourself here with your wondersofmeditation blog....stay in touch...Namaste, Keith :)

Merryweather said...

I came by your blog through Brother Irving's blog- Darvish.
This is such a great & helpful blog- I read your latest post and then went on to read another five underneath! :) Keep up the good work!
Happy Diwali :)